JSon → Java : http://www.jsonschema2pojo.org/
Lateral view explode : http://pathakamit783.blogspot.com.ng/2015_11_01_archive.html
Spark Joins Partition : https://deepsense.io/optimize-spark-with-distribute-by-and-cluster-by/
Maven options : install -DskipTests -o
Data alignment : http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/pa-dalign/
Bash arithmetic : http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/arithexp.html
http://demo.vaadin.com/spreadsheet/ - very cool, but Commercial.
www.ag-grid.com - Open Source. We used this to great effect. Agnostic to JSFramework (eg. Angular / JQuery etc.)
Why JSON rather than XML
I've used JSON but didn't quite realise why, one of the Usual Suspects explained :
- Also platform independent
- Much faster to parse
- Simpler ( CDATA etc. make things infinitely more complicated).
How to do replacement in coherence
Polyglot persistence : http://martinfowler.com/bliki/PolyglotPersistence.html
Giga spaces / SSD
Network vs CPU
This has been one of my big arguments for a long time : http://blog.codinghorror.com/the-infinite-space-between-words/
Mercurial vs Git
Another big data solution
Want to hit the top 5 here...
I've been looking at Lamdas, since they are interesting for working with collections
Then there is also the stuff in the Java8 tutorial : http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/javaOO/lambdaexpressions.html
My brother in law wrote a piece of music about this : http://www.likeyoudo.org.uk/gwmc/contalmaison.html
Synchronization in a Distributed System
Good article about Timing in Distributed Systems.
Java Mission Control released
Looks really good...
Amazing 25 year timelapse...
Very cool adventure photos
Really good GC log tool
Tunnelling for google email
Useful when your corporate firewall stops you....
Cool stuff with rubbish
Pretty cool artist
Another Fabric Server
Something else to look at in the GLU market...
A lot of lessons learnt from this guy...
Need to secure my Wifi
My cartoon life
Thought this was great..
This looks like a fabulous reading list...
Ganglia is a great O/S monitoring tool. They now have JMX monitoring. Add to list, build a Coherence Ganglia plugin...
PostgreSQL as Key/Value store
Another huge shame in the privacy / prism / NSA story...
Interesting articles I have read
Storm project, real-time stuff : http://storm-project.net/
Why you should hire good programmers : http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/HighNotes.html
- Sailing holidays : http://www.minorcasailing.co.uk/
- Oops : http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/builders-forgot-elevator-shafts-finished-skyscrapper-article-1.1422685
- Dodgy Xerox copiers : http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/14/xerox_admits_theres_no_fix_yet_for_numberfudging_copiers/
- Great b+w -> colour pictures : http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/historic-black-white-photos-colorized/
- World tickers : http://www.worldometers.info/
- Good sample business plan : http://www.entrepreneur.com/landing/216013#pas_sbp
- Convincing investors http://www.paulgraham.com/convince.html
- Great article by Micheal Lewis in Vanity Fair about the idiot Sachs programmer - remember ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law : http://www.vanityfair.com/business/2013/09/michael-lewis-goldman-sachs-programmer
- Nice article on G1 vs CMS, could be time to move... http://blog.sematext.com/2013/06/24/g1-cms-java-garbage-collector/
- My friend Eva bought a fantastic flat... http://www.kfh.co.uk/residential-properties/flats-for-sale-london/flats-in-balham-sw12-culverden-road/2115904/
- Why programming makes you fat http://seriouspony.com/blog/2013/7/24/your-app-makes-me-fat
- My friend Matthew Johnstons brilliant journey with cochlea implants : http://matthewscochlearimplant.blogspot.co.uk/
- Insane ultra marathon : http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/world-most-exclusive-toughest-race-130954644.html
- http://www.infoq.com/articles/Java_Garbage_Collection_Distilled - explain of gc stuff
http://henryr.github.io/cap-faq/ - A good explanation of the CAP Theorem
- http://www.slideshare.net/mongodb/webinar-nosql-as-the-new-normal - MongoDB discussion
- http://www.vintagewinegifts.co.uk - Wine website which will give you wine from your year of birth etc. Could be quite fun.
- http://www.theworlds50best.com/list/1-50-winners/ - Best 50 restaurants in the world.
- Splunk developer license 10GB/day + enterprise features for 6 months http://dev.splunk.com/page/developer_license_sign_up